The HCI Group has extensive experience in assisting healthcare organisations deliver their digital visions through the provision of high quality business case and options appraisal services.
Our experience includes developing Strategic Outline Cases (SOC), Outline Business Cases (OBC) and Full Business Cases (FBC) to support investment decisions. We have successfully supported customers across a range of information technology services including, but not limited to, Electronic Patient Record (EPR) systems, Clinical Portal systems and Electronic Document Management (EDM) systems and health record scanning services.
Our business case service:
- Adheres to best practice in the form of the ‘Five Case Model’ and Green Book guidance;
- Reflects our experience of managing customers through NHS Improvement’s (formerly TDA) business case approval process;
- Reflects our deep understanding of the healthcare ICT market. For example, we have strong relationships with suppliers enabling us to provide a key business case input in the form of robust costs;
- Is rooted in our detailed financial model that provides you with the necessary assurance regarding the costs, benefits and risks associated with your planned investment;
- Provides an excellent basis upon which to commence a procurement via a SOC and an OBC. Similarly, our FBC provides a quick and easy path to contract award;
- Is tried and tested – we have a track record of delivering quickly and effectively.
In delivering a tailored service to meet your specific requirements we will:
- Provide reassurance to your Board that you have a robust platform for decision-making and, therefore, maximise your chances of gaining business case approval first time;
- Work with you to engender business case ownership by your key contributors and stakeholders;
- Adopt a proportional approach that maximises value for money i.e. the business case will reflect the complexity and scale of the investment;
- Adopt a writing style that is understood by a range of stakeholders with differing levels of seniority and technical understanding.